What counts as CPD ?
The value of CPD to the particular individual is based on its relevance to them so if an undertaking develops your skill base, adds to your sum of professional knowledge or the archaeological knowledge base as a whole-it is CPD.
For record purposes there are five main areas:
- Training-attendance or giving of conferences, lectures, IAI CPD event, training courses etc.
- Professional/Institutional Activities-serving on committees, councils, think-tanks, IAI Board, lectures for organisations, local societies etc.
- Publication & Communication-writing, editing, peer-reviewing, articles, books, exhibitions, newspaper pieces, etc.
- Post-grad Education-relevant masters etc.
- Miscellaneous-to include up to one day of structured reading.
IAI CPD Requirement: 40 hours or 5 days per year.
Latest IAI News
- Spiorad na Samhna – Spirit of Samhain April 19, 2016
- Next Board Meeting on 23 May April 18, 2016
- Contributions are invited for the summer 2016 edition of the IAI Newsletter March 4, 2016
- Spring Conference and AGM 2015 March 4, 2016
- Proceedings of the 2014 Conference March 4, 2016